Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Good Kind of Schizophrenia?

Good Kind of Schizophrenia?

For the last few years or so, I’ve been hearing this voice in my head. It’s as if there is another person in there talking to me throughout the day. But the voice is never harsh. Like how they say demons haunt a Schizophrenic mind. This voice is more of an angel’s voice. Like it calms me down when I get anxious or start to panic. My question is, is it possible that there is a positive kind (or at least a positive side) of Schizophrenia or is this something else that I’m dealing with?

Good Kind of Schizophrenia?

A.

Though I cannot know with certainty, the voice you’re hearing may have nothing to do with schizophrenia. In all likelihood, what you are hearing is your inner voice, a form of your own consciousness. We all have this experience. It sounds like a running commentary on our lives.

Some people who have disorders such as depression, might hear an inner voice that says negative things about them, such as “you’re no good” or “no one wants you,” among others. Fortunately, yours is a voice of optimism. Not everyone is so lucky.

Mental health is of paramount importance and it was insightful of you to notice this inner voice. Should it become a negative experience or something of greater concern, don’t hesitate to discuss it with your primary care physician or your parents. I hope this helps. Please take care.

Good Kind of Schizophrenia?