Home » Disorders » OCD » Maybe OCD?

Maybe OCD?

Hello, sorry for my english, but want to ask question about mental illness. So, my mind has this issue, but it’s hard explain, but I really want to know if it’s disease or just character. I’ll try explain with situations. Like I can’t take a driver’s license exam because my mind won’t work for me, because  then I would succeed in life and I think then my mind will lose equality [stasis]. Like it rules in my head subconscious or conscious. And if I don’t do first something and feel like I don’t deserve to achieve something because I must sacrifice something first. It’s hard to explain, but like it’s mental order in everything. Maybe it’s a form of OCD because it can’t be normal. It really make my life miserable. my mind paralyze me. I’m just stuck. Thank you for response. (age 26, from Lithuania)

Maybe OCD?

A.

It is difficult to understand your question due to our language barrier, but what is clear to me is that you are suffering. If you feel that your mind paralyzes you and makes your life miserable, it is time to get professional help. You might be correct in wondering if it could be a form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but having an evaluation by a mental health professional will help you get the answers you need.  You don’t have to be miserable, there are many treatments available. Please speak to your doctor or look into what services are available in your area.

Maybe OCD?