Home » Boyfriend a Serial Cheater

Boyfriend a Serial Cheater

Yesterday I found out my boyfriend cheated on me. He was very honest about what he had done. He shows me his phone and in this private message area there were 10+ women he were talking to and having affairs with. He told me he is a serial cheater, and he does not know why he does it. I believe it is triggered some kind of way. The reason why I say this is because he thought i was cheating which made him go out and do what he did. I was wondering can he change?, how can i help him?,is this a psychological issue. I just really need some advice on this. please help. (age 21, from US)

Boyfriend a Serial Cheater

A.

Yes, people can change, but only if they want to and put effort towards it.  You sending a very strong message that his behavior is unacceptable and that it has consequences might be the catalyst for his desire to change, but I hope that you are smart enough to be long gone by then.

In a situation like this when he has become a “serial cheater,” it doesn’t matter why he cheated as much as that he did and he just kept doing it. Trust has been broken. Move on and find someone who respects you and who is willing to commit.

Boyfriend a Serial Cheater