Home » Disorders » Sleep » Voices in Head, Horrible Anxiety, Vivid Nightmares, Impatience, Anger, Panic Over Past Mistakes

Voices in Head, Horrible Anxiety, Vivid Nightmares, Impatience, Anger, Panic Over Past Mistakes

I’m a very quiet person but open in short bursts at school, but that isn’t really the issue, I hear voices in my head that speak about different things in my past like mistakes I’ve made and it sometimes makes me go insane in a fit of infuriation (only when I’m not around people) I also don’t go to dances at school or social situations whatsoever and I also have a very short temper when provoked I kind of lose it and I also I feel like I’m going to throw up or pass out when I get caught in middle school drama. And all I want to know is what is wrong with me.

A.

The voices you have described might be your unconscious mind. We all have an unconscious mind. Right now, yours is focused on perceived past mistakes. It’s something that seems to be bothering you.

Your anger might stem from repeatedly thinking about past mistakes. It’s unpleasant to think about negative things.

It might also be fueled by your expressed difficulty in dealing with “middle school drama.” When people lack good coping skills, they can become easily frustrated. That might be why you’re feeling distressed.

You might consider asking your parents to take you to counseling. It can teach you how to better manage your strong emotions. We are not born with an innate ability to manage our emotions. It’s a learned skill. Some people are fortunate enough to have learned those skills from their parents or a mentor. Many others go to counseling and or read self-help books. The school guidance counselor may also be able to help.

It’s good that you are not ignoring your symptoms. You are doing the right thing by asking for help. Your next step should be discussing these issues with your parents and or school guidance counselor. I wish you well. Please take care.