Home » I Need a Diagnosis

I Need a Diagnosis

Please, I don’t know where else to go. I’m a 17 year old trans boy, and I break down at least 1-3 times every day. I just tried to kill myself a few days ago. I’m freaking out and paranoid that everyone is out to get me. I am convinced all of my friends hate me and want me dead. I don’t know how to deal with these feelings. I need a diagnosis so I can know where to start in getting help. I took tests on your site and it says I most likely have BPD. Can you please point me in the right direction on what I might have and what to do next?

I Need a Diagnosis

A.

I can’t provide a diagnosis without having background about your psychosocial history. That’s why it’s important for you to undergo an in-person mental health evaluation. It can provide guidance about how to improve your situation.

We also have to consider the fact that you may not have a diagnosable condition. You might be feeling overwhelmed by your circumstances. You mentioned being a “trans boy.” Perhaps you’re struggling to find your place in a world that doesn’t yet understand transgender issues.

Transgender issues are not well understood by laypeople, but mental health professionals have expertise in these matters. It’s especially important for you to seek treatment because only a few days ago, you tried to end your life. It’s imperative that you seek treatment now and not wait for this problem to get better on its own. Too many people make that mistake.

Speak to your school guidance counselor and he or she can help you. They can also speak to your parents and/or find you counselors in your community. The worst thing you can do is keep this a secret and not ask for help. If you can’t keep yourself safe, call 911 or go to the hospital. Good luck, stay safe and please take care.

I Need a Diagnosis