Home » Parenting » My Girlfriend’s Parents Are Crazy

My Girlfriend’s Parents Are Crazy

I’m a lesbian and have been with my gf for quite a while now. Recently her dad kicked her out of the house and forced her to live with her grandmother. She doesn’t have her phone any more and is no longer aloud to come to school. Her parents have quite a huge problem with me even though I’ve been nothing but nice to them. Currently I have no clue where my girlfriend is, and I’m terrified that this situation is going to affect our relationship. I’m very worried. She has some serious mental health issues and it terrifies me that she might do something stupid to herself over this. I just don’t know how to react. I’m scared. (From Canada)

My Girlfriend’s Parents Are Crazy

A.

I’m sorry you’re so consumed by your girlfriend’s absence. You state your ages as 15 — and I am imagining that your girlfriend is nearly the same age. I would highly recommend you talk to your high school’s guidance counselor about her. If she is being kept from school this is important for them to know about. Even if she doesn’t go to the same school, a counselor may have some ideas about how to follow up.

Love and concern for her is admirable, and you need some trusted adults to help you. The school counselors a good place to start.

My Girlfriend’s Parents Are Crazy