Home » My Dad Verbally Abuses My Mom

My Dad Verbally Abuses My Mom

My father has been repeating this cycle for over 20 years now. He first finds the smallest things and blames it on her by throwing a tantrum. He already has high blood pressure and diabetes and therefore uses it as a scapegoat. The worst thing is that even though my mother clearly wants out of the marriage, she still has a baby, my two sisters and I to take care of. However, my mother is a housewife and cannot support us if she leaves him. He continuously tells her that he regrets marrying her even though my mother grew up in a wealthy family and gave up everything to be with him. He used to physically abuse her going to the point of hurting the kids to get to her. However after marriage counseling he reverted to verbal abuse. We are stuck. Extremely stuck.

My Dad Verbally Abuses My Mom

A.

It is time for you to get some help. The burden of witnessing your father’s abuse throughout your childhood now needs to have action. I would highly recommend contacting your local women’s center and explain what’s going on. Most counties have a women’s center that has a hotline. You can call, explain your situation, and they can offer guidance.

As a backup I would recommend talking to your high school counselor. He or she often has resources available that can help when this kind of abuse is involved.

My Dad Verbally Abuses My Mom