Home » Something Is Wrong But I Don’t Know What

Something Is Wrong But I Don’t Know What

From a girl in grade 9 in Amsterdam: I have this weird thing where I feel like certain people can see me 24/7. It is really annoying because it stops me from doing things I think they won’t approve of. They only way to prevent it is by doing a weird ritual with my hands. I want to stop but it is hard. I also feel like people can read my mind when they touch me. As a result, I don’t really like touching people. I also have thoughts that are not really mine, they feel like they are forced into my mind. (they are usually either violent or inappropriate) I know all those things about mindreading and the seeing aren’t true, but I will get very nervous and feel weird when I do not do the hand ritual or move away from people.

A.

What you are describing could be delusional thinking or it could be that you have a very creative and active imagination. I’m sorry I can’t figure it out based on only a letter. If these things are troubling for you, I hope you will ask your parents to take you to talk with a mental health counselor to sort it out. It might give you peace of mind if you understood what is happening. If you do need treatment, the counselor will make recommendations.