Home » Depression » I Think I Might Have Depression

I Think I Might Have Depression

I’m 14 years old, and I think I might have depression, but I’m not sure. On and off for the past year, I’ve been not motivated, and whenever I try to get organized or “Get my life together” it only lasts a few days. Yesterday I fell asleep at 8pm without doing my homework and woke up at 8am. I still felt exhausted, and my mom let me stay home because she thought I was sick, or upset about something. I told her I don’t know why I’m sad, but she thinks I just don’t want to tell her. I pretend to be happy most of the time, but I mostly just have an empty feeling.

I love art, but I’ve lost motivation to do it. I’ve also been trying to get in shape for spring sports, but I feel like I can’t. I’ve been taking quizzes, and they say I might have moderate to severe depression, and my loneliness quiz was high. I also wonder if I have some sort of social anxiety, because for most of the school year, I have stayed in for lunch because crowds of people overwhelm me, and I feel like I have trouble striking up conversations, and making friends. I guess I have some friends, but I don’t think I have one best friend that I can trust. Math had been hard for me lately because I lack motivation to put effort into my work, and I feel like I would bother anyone to ask for help with my math, or my problem. Last year, I think it came from losing my best friend to other people, but now I’m not sure. I’m not sure what to do now, its become harder to hide, and I feel stuck.

By the way, whenever I feel sad, or lonely, or someone brushes me off, I get these weird chills, and goosebumps. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it, but I’m not sure. I’m also the person who is there for a lot of people, but I don’t think anyone notices that I’m like this. Not sure if this will help me, but thank you anyway. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I Think I Might Have Depression

A.

I’m sorry you’re going through such a difficult time. There are many possibilities to explain what’s going on, and I think the best place to start is with your physician. Ask your parents to bring you in for a check up. The physician can make a decision about whether or not something physical is causing all this — or something psychological. After that, he or she can make a recommendation about the next right thing to do.

I Think I Might Have Depression