Home » Relationships » Sexuality » Total Lack of Interest in Sex

Total Lack of Interest in Sex

My partner doesn’t have sex. Not with me, himself, or anyone else. He says he finds it disgusting and he says there is nothing in his past that may have caused this. I have never heard of such a thing and I take it personally. The relationship is in real trouble and this is a major reason. Is there such a thing as an asexual human? For all the information absurd and valuable, I can find no information about this. (age 60, from US)

Total Lack of Interest in Sex

A.

Yes there are asexual people. It may be uncommon but it is a legitimate thing. I’m surprised that you haven’t been able to find anything about it. Here’s just one link to get you started: http://www.asexuality.org/home/

However, if one person still wants sexual intimacy and the other does not, it can obviously create problems for the relationship. I would suggest seeing a couple’s therapist – and you might specifically seek one with a specialty in sex therapy issues.

Total Lack of Interest in Sex