Home » I Miss My Cousin

I Miss My Cousin

I desperately miss my cousin. We visited her for a week and we just got home now. I’m so depressed because I miss her soooo badly. I have contact with her, but I don’t know how to deal with this. I can’t do anything because of my sadness. I get so sad when I see our pictures. I’m seeing her next year again, (I see her every year for a week this was my first time meeting her) and I remind myself she didn’t die or anything. I am so depressed I love her so much and I miss her badly I am so sad now that I’m in my home I wish I was back at her place help me I’m so depressed I miss her and love her so much. (age 10, from Canada)

I Miss My Cousin

A.

I’m sorry that missing your cousin is causing you pain, but try to focus on the good things. Be happy that you got to see her and that you know you will get to see her every year.  Talk to your parents about the possibility of seeing her more often. Perhaps the two of you can take turns visiting each other even if the whole family doesn’t go.

In the meantime, write her letters, chat with her on the phone and online, look into video chats such as Skype or Face Time. It is sweet that you have such a strong connection with your cousin. Distance will not change this.

I Miss My Cousin