Home » I Need Help with Stealing

I Need Help with Stealing

I need help. I am 23 and I keep stealing my parents credit card repeatedly. They have threatened to call the police, I have been kicked out the of the house and was forced to live with my uncle, I have written notes and letters to my parents to tell them that I will never do it again but I keep stealing their credit cards. I need help I do not know what to do?

I Need Help with Stealing

A.

It seems as though you don’t want to steal but are saying you can’t help it. You are in essence saying you can’t stop stealing. Is that really true? If there were a police officer present, would you steal the credit cards?

You’re fortunate that your parents have not already called the police. That could change if you aren’t able to stop this behavior. You don’t want to “learn the hard way.” Your parents might be the victims of your theft but it is you who could be facing severe penalties, including jail time.

Poor impulse control often requires professional help. Counseling could help you assess the consequences of your behavior and make better choices. Medication might also help. It’s important that you do what is necessary to solve this problem because without intervention, you stand to lose your freedom and much more. Please take care.

I Need Help with Stealing