Home » I Want People to Hurt Me

I Want People to Hurt Me

Sometimes, I want guys to hurt me physically or rape me. It doesn’t feel wrong (I don’t know why, but my emotions are basically turned off), but I know that’s not anywhere near normal. It’s nothing that sexually arouses me; I often feel a need for punishment even though I can’t think of anything I’ve done wrong. I’ve been raped almost a year ago. I tried looking this up, but either I’m doing something wrong, or not too many people have experienced this.

I Want People to Hurt Me

A.

You wrote that you want to be hurt by men, but intellectually you know it is wrong. That is a very insightful observation.

Your feelings may stem from the trauma of rape. The aftermath of sexual assault can include emotional numbness, depression, self-blame and other psychological difficulties. It’s best to discuss these issues with a specially-trained sexual trauma therapist. Counseling could help you explore your feelings in more depth and avoid future danger. A risk is that you might engage in relationships with abusive people. Counseling could help you avoid choosing the wrong partners and friends.

It was good that you recognized this as a potential problem. You should meet with a counselor to ensure that you don’t allow people into your life who could hurt you. Counseling could reduce the possibility of you being hurt. Please take care.

I Want People to Hurt Me