Home » Disorders » Sleep » Insomnia and Major Depression

Insomnia and Major Depression

I have suffered from insomnia and depression for a few years and my Doctors and I have finally found the right combination of meds to help me sleep thru the night. A side effect from the meds or sleeping soundly for 6-8 hrs straight is that I wet the bed once or twice a week. I haven’t talked to my Dr’s about it because for one, I’m embarrassed and two, I don’t want to change anything because I’m feeling better. As for the wetting goes, I started to wear diapers to bed at night and that although that was awkward and embarrassing in itself at first, I have grown to accept them simply for what they are. In fact I have actually started to like them but not in a babyish way. Is that weird?

Insomnia and Major Depression

A.

No. It’s not weird. My guess is that it is such a relief to finally find something that helps with the sleep issues, you are willing to accept the trade-off of having to wear incontinence briefs at night. You’re certainly not alone in this. The fact that there are so many brands of “adult diapers” on the supermarket shelves is an indication of how many people need them for various reasons.¬†However, it is important to talk to your doctor about it. There may be another medication that will let you sleep and stay dry too.

I’m very glad you can finally get some sleep.

Insomnia and Major Depression