Home » Husband Mistrusts Everyone

Husband Mistrusts Everyone

My husband don’t trust anyone. He thinks everyone is doing something against him.

I think my husband is having some problem. He thinks everyone is doing something against him. He won’t trust anyone. Before marriage he used to blame his parents and relatives that they are doing something against him. Now he blames me and my family. We have a kid who is just 1 year old and am afraid that he will start blaming him in future. He smokes and drinks. Mostly he hits me very badly when he is drunk. Most of the time I don’t even understand for what he is hitting me. And when I ask that he will say don’t try to act smart in front of him. During first few months after marriage he was not like that. I don’t know what changed him. He is having problems in his work place also and for that too he blames me,my parents and all. He don’t like when I talk to my parents, friends, neighbors or anyone. I even said him once that he should see a therapist. Then he shouted at me for that. Now when he says I did something then I agree that I did so even if I didn’t have done that so that he won’t start with that. I don’t know what to do. Is he having some problem. Please help me. (From India)

Husband Mistrusts Everyone

A.

Your husband’s abusive nature — combined with his paranoid thinking and alcohol abuse — indicates you need to get some support for you and your child. This is not something you’ll want to handle on your own. A network of supportive people is essential. I would begin by talking to your physician about the situation. He or she may have some suggestions on where you can go to get some help. Secondly, you may also want to ask at your place of worship. There may be services there for counseling with people you trust, and can talk to.

Husband Mistrusts Everyone