Home » Ask the Therapist » Upset with Relation with My Cousin

Upset with Relation with My Cousin

Asked by on with 1 answer:

I am now 20 years old. When I was 13 years old, my cousin sister had come to our home. In that time, she was 15 years old. I did a bad work. I wrote a letter about how to masturbate and kept it in her bag. She read it. Suddenly she went out from home. Some times, she comes to our home. But now I am feeling guilty. I am very upset to face her. I am in depression for it. Please give me suggestion how to get out from depression.

Upset with Relation with My Cousin

Answered by on -


Being direct with an apology is the best way to make an amends. Talk to her about this and apologize. Being clear and direct about your transgressions is the best way to go. It has been seven years. You are no longer that teenager, and she has matured as well.

Wishing you patience and peace,
Dr. Dan
Proof Positive Blog @ PsychCentral

Upset with Relation with My Cousin

Daniel J. Tomasulo, PhD, TEP, MFA, MAPP

Dan Tomasulo Ph.D., TEP, MFA, MAPP teaches Positive Psychology in the graduate program of Counseling and Clinical Psychology at Columbia University, Teachers College and works with Martin Seligman, the Father of Positive Psychology in the Masters of Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP) program at the University of Pennsylvania. He is Director of the New York Certification in Positive Psychology for the Open Center in New York City and on faculty at New Jersey City University. Sharecare has honored him as one of the top 10 online influencers on the topic of depression. For more information go to: He also writes for Psych Central's Ask the Therapist column and the Proof Positive blog.

APA Reference
Tomasulo, D. (2018). Upset with Relation with My Cousin. Psych Central. Retrieved on May 22, 2019, from
Scientifically Reviewed
Last updated: 8 May 2018
Last reviewed: By a member of our scientific advisory board on 8 May 2018
Published on Psych All rights reserved.