Home » Ask the Therapist » Upset with Relation with My Cousin

Upset with Relation with My Cousin

I am now 20 years old. When I was 13 years old, my cousin sister had come to our home. In that time, she was 15 years old. I did a bad work. I wrote a letter about how to masturbate and kept it in her bag. She read it. Suddenly she went out from home. Some times, she comes to our home. But now I am feeling guilty. I am very upset to face her. I am in depression for it. Please give me suggestion how to get out from depression.

Upset with Relation with My Cousin

A.

Being direct with an apology is the best way to make an amends. Talk to her about this and apologize. Being clear and direct about your transgressions is the best way to go. It has been seven years. You are no longer that teenager, and she has matured as well.

Upset with Relation with My Cousin