Home » Ask the Therapist » I Dress as a Woman

I Dress as a Woman

I dress as a woman and have for 30 plus yrs. The drive to do so is constant. I love the feel and the look. I hate this just want to be and go from there. Help. Find myself changing when I get home, and sleeping in a bra with breasts and panties at night. Doesn’t turn me on anymore, just feels like normal.

I Dress as a Woman

A.

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Psych Central. I understand that you have found cross-dressing to be a helpful way to reduce your anxiety, but now it isn’t working for you the way used to. When we do something that doesn’t feel right– but do it anyway, the compulsion can be a powerful struggle.

Finding a good therapist and beginning individual work would be the best way to start dealing with it. This takes courage, and talking about it here is a good first step. Now it is time to bring this into therapy.

I Dress as a Woman