Home » My Girlfriend Has No Friends

My Girlfriend Has No Friends

My girlfriend an I are getting married, she has a 5-year-old daughter, however I have a great concerns. She has no friends; her social circle is her daughter and I. She is often angry stressed and fatigue, she is very insecure. Her life is a very structured on she comes home and starts to prepare for work the next day, take care of her daughter needs, when she is finished she goes to bed and gets up to finish preparing for work that is her life. Is there anything wrong with that or am I just over the top to think that attitude will affect our marriage? (From Guyana)

My Girlfriend Has No Friends

A.

I appreciate how much you care about your girlfriend’s well-being. I think the network of friends is important because those relationships are the balance we have for coping with the stresses of life. Perhaps the best way you can help is by finding other couples the two of you could socialize with together. In this way your social circle can grow together as you prepare for marriage.

My Girlfriend Has No Friends