Home » How to Tell if Male Coworker Likes Me

How to Tell if Male Coworker Likes Me

I like a younger coworker. (4 year difference) I’ve known of him for almost two years but he officially introduced himself to me at the office holiday party just last year. We hit it off and we have a lot in common. Sometimes he stops by my desk and we have long conversations. We’ve brought in food for each other and he did invite me on lunch date once. We get along so well. Then sometimes he completely ignores me and he will go weeks without saying hello. I’m confused by the mixed signals. I almost positive that he likes me but then I’m not sure if does until he actually says so. Should I ask him or just leave it alone? Is there a chance that he does like me or is he just being friendly?

How to Tell if Male Coworker Likes Me

A.

Thank you for your email. I think it’s worth it to talk to him about his availability. He may be dating someone and may not want to complicate things. He may be uncertain as to whether or not you like him. But in any case it is worth it to find out. Test this out by saying you are going somewhere and would you like him to join you. This could be lunch, a concert, a walk — anything where you state you are going — and he can join you. Then you can find out about his availability and to let him know more directly about your interest. If he wants to be with you he will find a way to go or offer an alternative. If he doesn’t — then you go to the event as you planned.

How to Tell if Male Coworker Likes Me