Home » Strong Feelings for an Old Friend

Strong Feelings for an Old Friend

From the U.K: What do you do when you realize you’ve had feelings for someone when you didn’t notice the feelings, the girl I cut out of my life 3 years ago, because I felt like I was losing her to other people. I had met her on a night out just last week, unplanned and we spoke the whole evening as if it was old times and everything was forgotten, but on my way home I had then realized what I feel for her, and that it had been like that from the moment I met her but just had never realized it. What do I do? I am very confused and my head is all over the place, I don’t want to tell her because it might scare her off, but on the other hand I want to pour my heart out to her.

Strong Feelings for an Old Friend

A.

Slow down. It’s wonderful that you’ve realized how strongly you feel for this person. But the fact is, you barely know her. I suggest that you take your time and find ways to get together with her that are low key and casual. If a friendship develops, you have a much better chance to move on to love. You were only 15 when you met her. You may actually have different wants and needs in a love relationship now. You won’t know if she is really for you until you know her in the present, not just remember her from the past.

Strong Feelings for an Old Friend