Home » Anxiety and Chronic Migraine

Anxiety and Chronic Migraine

From Australia: I am getting chronic migraines due mostly to anxieties over my crappy parenting ability. I concisely know I am a good parent, but have such severe anxiety over failing them that i am making myself ill. If I can look at my parenting and see that it is good, is therapy going to help?

Anxiety and Chronic Migraine

A.

Are you sure the headaches are from anxiety? It may be that you are anxious and you have something medical going on. Please see your physician to check. I wouldn’t want you to ignore something serious because you are convinced the problem is a mental one.

That being said, the answer to your question is “yes”, therapy can help. Although you know factually that you are a good enough parent (which is all any of us can be), you are still anxious. A therapist can help you move beyond facts to understanding and can help you develop skills for coping.

I encourage you to see a counselor. You deserve some relief. Your kids deserve to have a more relaxed mom.

Anxiety and Chronic Migraine