Home » I May Need Mental Help

I May Need Mental Help

I understand how this may seem strange, a 13-year-old thinking this. Also how it may seem fake, but I feel this is serious enough to say. I have been seeing recently more often people who are not there, illusions if we must. I have very frequent thoughts of murder and suicide. I talk to myself very often and often wonder about how a murder happens. I hear voices in my head often telling me to hurt myself or others. I feel as if I shall risk my fellow peers and my family or myself. I do not cut for I do not like scars but i do want to see blood flow out of friends and family. I do not know what to do, can you help me? Thank you for your time. (I do understand this is a temporary thing just wondering if this is worth seeing a therapist)

I May Need Mental Help

A.

Yes, even though your feelings may be temporary, you should seek help. A therapist can teach you how to cope with your strong emotions. These skills might benefit you for a lifetime.

You may be surprised to learn that I receive many letters from people who have homicidal and suicidal thoughts. It’s a symptom of their unhappiness, their suffering. It’s also indicative of people who lack adequate problem-solving skills.

What’s most important for you to know is that emotional problems are correctable with therapy. That’s why I would strongly recommend that you enter therapy.

Discuss this problem with your parents. Ask them to assist you in seeking counseling. If you feel that you might harm yourself or someone else, seek emergency assistance. Please take care.

I May Need Mental Help