Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Pregnancy Paranoia

Pregnancy Paranoia

Hello, I recently entered the second trimester with my first child. Lately I’ve been experiencing strange occurrences — hearing voices, hearing doors open, and the very intense feeling I’m being watched. They all sound very real and happen day or evening, and late into the night. My pregnancy has been quite normal. I am of good health and have never had an issue with mental problems, and neither does my family.

It has gotten so intense it follows me to work now. I am not sleeping well and it’s making me anxious. My husband has not experienced these incidents. I am not religious and decidedly don’t believe in ghosts and I’ve totally cut out the horror movies..

Is this normal for pregnancy? Thank you for your time. (From Canada)

Pregnancy Paranoia

A.

The biochemical changes during pregnancy can cause a very wide range of reactions. The fact that you are having experiences that are outside of what feels normal is important to report to your physician. He or she can monitor your situation. Don’t wait on this. The sooner you can explain to the physician what you are experiencing, the sooner you can find out what can be done to help.

Pregnancy Paranoia