Home » I Myself Don’t Even Know

I Myself Don’t Even Know

I really just wanted some perspective. This all started about 3 months ago majorly I guess. But the most recent event was last week. I woke up last Wednesday and just didn’t want to go to school, talk to anyone, see anyone, I just hated everyone and everything around me. I haven’t gone to school for 10 days nor have I talked to any of my friends. I had eating problems before but now I don’t even eat. Barely a meal a day. I don’t know what’s wrong. My parents want me to talk about it but I don’t know what to say. Maybe I’m afraid? Truly i have no idea. For the last 10 days I just stared at my wall. I can’t even think straight.
Please enlighten me.
Thank you

I Myself Don’t Even Know

A.

I would need to gather much more information about your life to determine what’s wrong. Try to think back to what happened three months ago. You identified that time period as “when this all started.” What happened three months ago? Why did you choose that time period? Try to think back to what might have been going on in your life at that time.

It might also help if you tried writing about your feelings in a journal. The act of writing down your thoughts and feelings might help you to sort through what’s wrong. It could help to clarify what’s wrong and simultaneously relieve tension. Research has shown that writing about your thoughts and feelings has many psychological benefits.

You should try your best to resume your normal life. Maybe try something different. You haven’t been to school in 10 days. Try to go. That might be the last thing you want to do but perhaps getting out of the house would help.

Finally, it’s important to talk to your parents. Request that they consult a mental health professional. It would help to speak to someone who’s trained to deal with emotional problems. A therapist could assist both you and your parents in fixing what’s wrong. Please take care.

I Myself Don’t Even Know