Home » First Psych Evaluation for Depersonalization

First Psych Evaluation for Depersonalization

I am going for a psych evaluation in two days. I want to say I don’t feel anything a lot of times. I want to say that when I get nervous I think I am making it up because I can’t really feel it. I want to say I feel like I am just making everything up. But now I don’t want to go because now I do feel nervous I can feel it so maybe I don’t need it maybe I was just making things up. I am afraid they will say I am lying because I feel as though I am. I wonder if what defines me is the moments of insanity when I can feel nothing, or the moments when I can feel again as fleeting as the feelings maybe.

But the moments of normalcy make me think I am lying. If I do go will they say I am lying? Is this really depersonalization? Because I can feel sometimes. Should I go or am I lying to myself about being sick perhaps I am just normal and over thinking everything.

A.

Thank you for your letter. Your inquiries makes sense and these concerns are the very reason you are going for an evaluation. As your thoughts bounce back-and-forth they can become overwhelming. An evaluation by a qualified professional can help you make sense of the internal struggle. I recommend you go, explain all this during the evaluation, and use the feedback from the assessment to decide what changes need to happen next.