Home » Disorders » Sleep » My Ex Decided to Make a Suicide by Not Sleeping for 11 Days

My Ex Decided to Make a Suicide by Not Sleeping for 11 Days

Hi, my ex decided to challenge himself by not sleeping for 11 days to see if he dies. Til now he hasn’t been sleeping for 6 nights and now he is in a status that he cannot sleep now, I mean he doesn’t feel tired or needing sleep at all! He is suffering from the situation that we cannot be together, but generally he is an extremely smart guy, having a good job. I’m worried that something serious happens to him and want to know how can I help him. Thanks

A.

If his motivation for not wanting to sleep is that he wants to die, then he is suicidal and he needs help.

You should try to convince him to go to the hospital. What about his family? Are they in a position to help? If so, contact them and make them aware of his situation. They may be able to help.

If he’s unwilling to go to the hospital, then you may need to call for emergency assistance. Call 911 and report your concerns. Another option is to call the local mental health crisis team. In either case, trained emergency personnel will come to the home and assess his condition. They will know how to handle the situation and can determine the next steps.

This may be an emergency situation. Have you considered the possibility that he may be deceiving you? Maybe in reality he is sleeping just fine. Normally, human beings cannot stop themselves from sleeping. People fall asleep in the chair, in a meeting, during class and even when driving a car or flying an airplane. Remember the expression “fall asleep.” It isn’t said “jump asleep.” Falling isn’t intentional but jumping is.

I hope that he is able to receive the proper assistance. Please take care.