Home » Something Is Wrong with Me Emotionally

Something Is Wrong with Me Emotionally

From the U.S.: I’m 21 and for as long as I can remember I’ve been insecure with low self-esteem. I remember putting myself on a diet at 9 years old. Growing up I’ve always felt aloof and just different from everyone else. Its hard to me to express happy emotions and its hard for me to be sympathetic to others. As a teenager I was often over weight and depressed. At 18 I would isolate myself in my room for days. I’ve been fine for the last couple of months Just recently, in September I had an abortion and since then I’ve been feeling completely off emotionally. I’m losing my memory, I’m really depressed, I cry at random times, I’ve have mood swings, and its made me feel even more insecure about myself. I have problems looking ppl in the eye when I talk. I just don’t know what the problem is.

Something Is Wrong with Me Emotionally

A.

Just when you were beginning to feel fine about yourself, you had an abortion. Please don’t underestimate the medical and psychological effects. Your body is probably adjusting to not being pregnant. You may also be experiencing loss and grief that is difficult to admit.

Please do see your gynecologist to talk about the aftermath of being pregnant and when you can reasonably expect your body to settle down. Then see a counselor for a few sessions to talk out your emotional reaction. By paying attention to your physical and mental health you can reclaim that hard won self-esteem.

Something Is Wrong with Me Emotionally