Home » My Boyfriend Cheated Early in Our Relationship

My Boyfriend Cheated Early in Our Relationship

Hello. I’m 18 and my boyfriend and I have been together for about 2 and a half years. I recently found out that early on in our relationship, he cheated on me. I have no idea what to think or feel. I am hurt deeply. I can’t talk to him about it. I have been depressed for a while, but I feel worse than ever before now. I need help and guidance at this time. I don’t know what to do.

A.

Your boyfriend cheated when he was 15 1/2. That was ages ago in terms of personality development in the teen years. What matters is what he is doing now. You need to think about the man he has become, not the boy he was.

What you do is talk to him about it. Part of being in a mature relationship is being able to talk out and work out problems as they come up. Let him know that you understand he was still a kid but that you need to know where you stand now. If he is loving, loyal and kind and acknowledges the mistakes he made when younger, then I think you forgive the past and focus on the now.

I wish you well