Home » I See Things that Are Not There

I See Things that Are Not There

From the U.S.: I’m 18. When I go to bed at night, I see a silhouette of a victorian woman standing at the foot of my bed, staring at me. She’s quite and doesn’t move. I’ve been having random break downs, and I’m doing things I don’t normally do but I’m having an uncontrollable urge to do so. Please, just tell me what’s wrong with me?…..

I See Things that Are Not There

A.

I can’t tell you what’s wrong. I don’t have enough information. But I can give you some direction. Believe it or not, the first thing to do is to see your PCP. There are a number of medical reasons that cause a person to have hallucinations. Low blood sugar, caffeine overdose, sleep disorder, and thyroid problems are a few examples. You want to be sure that there isn’t an undiagnosed medical problem at work here.

If you are medically fine, then I do urge you to see a mental health professional for an evaluation. I’m concerned that you are experiencing some problems with impulse control as well as the hallucinations. If there is a psychiatric diagnosis, the counselor will discuss treatment options with you.

I do hope you will follow through. I don’t know what’s wrong but I do know that it doesn’t help you to continue to worry about it.

I See Things that Are Not There