Home » I Have Intrusive Thoughts

I Have Intrusive Thoughts

From Canada: I’m needing answers :( okay so I’ve recently been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and a little of ocd my own voice in my head tells me to hurt people and it causes me stress irritable and sad and anxiety sometimes I feel I’m going insane I’m on cipralex/lexapro it does help a lot but today I got those horrible thoughts when I was in the mall and I sometimes change my voice to a mans voice cause I think I’m going schizo I’m scared of becoming that so I play tricks on myself please help me I would never hurt anyone I love my family and it kills me this happens to me.

I Have Intrusive Thoughts

A.

Such negative intrusive thoughts are one form that OCD can take. As you have discovered, medicine alone is often not enough to deal with a psychological problem. I strongly urge you to see a counselor in addition to taking the medication. A counselor can help you learn how to let go of such thoughts and feel more in control. The fact that you’ve been successful in teaching yourself some “tricks” to help yourself tells me that you will be successful in learning other techniques.

I Have Intrusive Thoughts