Home » Ask the Therapist » Parenting » My Parents Are Having a Threesome

My Parents Are Having a Threesome

Within the past two years we have recently found out that my mother had been cheating on my father for 4 years, I was furious and dislike her to this day. But more recently, 7:30 am this morning to be exact, I found out my parents have been having “threesomes” with strangers, I believe this is for forgiveness from my mother for cheating on my father. I had found this out by my father asking me to open his phone and open the flash light app, he had left his photos open and that’s the first thing I see is my mom, my dad, and some stranger having sex together.┬áNot only was that it, but I’m almost certain my mom is having another affair with my dad’s friend but my dad doesn’t hesitate to ask because my mom is fulfilling all of his sexual desires.

Not only has this made me extremely outraged, but we are raised in a Christian community where everyone is raised to be straight, but my mother illustrates that she is bisexual in her threesomes, I also get very angry and have extreme self hatred, I avoided suicide multiple times, but was looking into emancipation, I can no longer live my life with my fucked up family, excuse my language, who has based all of our beliefs on lies. Someone please help me because I do not know how to react in this situation.

My Parents Are Having a Threesome

A.

I’m sorry that you have been put in the middle by your parents problems. At 16 you have a right to be angry at being exposed to this. But I don’t think there is anything you can do with your parents at the moment. They are going to have to deal with their issues. The work for you is on focusing on your future.

I would ask your parents to put you in touch with a therapist. The find help tab at the top of this page will identify some therapists in your area. You need somebody from outside your family to hear what is going on and provide you with support and guidance as you learn how to proceed. Taking care of your emotional and intellectual needs right now is a top priority.

My Parents Are Having a Threesome