Home » I Can’t Get Up

I Can’t Get Up

From Czech Republic: I never liked getting up for school, but in the last year the problem has become really severe. Given the opportunity, I can sleep over 14 hours, eventually waking sleep and with headaches (meaning so much sleep is probably not doing me any good).

When I was about 15-17 I was still be able to wake up for school at 8AM, now getting up for school at 9:15 (or even later) is a problem.

One reason of course might be that I have problems to make myself go to bed. I often, though tired, feel like there’s still something to do — which doesn’t mean I’m actually doing anything productive.

But because I wake up at approximately same time (about 14:30) no matter if I went to bed at 00:00 or 04:00 or even later the fact that I sometimes go late to sleep is not direct cause of the problem.

I’m subject to an ADHD syndrome, though I have no idea how “strong” it is. I can tell that I often stop focusing when somebody is speaking to me, but as far as I know, this didn’t happen when I was younger. I noticed that when I’m incredibly tired or under pain, the focus problems are a lot weaker.

Sometimes it happens that I wake up in the morning and I feel sort of awake — but unfortunately I often go back to sleep anyway, waking up with headache. I discovered that it’s very hard to influence my decisions in the morning.

I Can’t Get Up

A.

I think your self-diagnosis on not getting to sleep properly is exactly where the problem lies. I would read through this article I’ve written on getting better sleep, and get an evaluation for the ADHD. This can also be creating some of the issues.

I Can’t Get Up