Home » Eating Disorders » My Husband Is Cheating Again

My Husband Is Cheating Again

From the U.S.: My husband and I moved to Texas 1 year ago and so he could be near his family. But as of recently he started seeing someone else again. I’ve have no family or friends around I’m a stay-at-home mom-of-3. I’m trying to find out what would be the best approach to save my marriage and skills I can use to talk to my husband without yelling or screaming

My Husband Is Cheating Again

A.

Again? Apparently, you married a man who cheats. Now you want to change yourself to change your marriage. Although I’m sure you can use some improvement (only because we all can), you can’t change your marriage on your own. Your husband has to want to. Since he is a repeat offender, I’m not optimistic.

The way to stop yelling and screaming is to stop yelling and screaming. It will do no good. It won’t change him. It may actually give him an “excuse” or a way to justify his own behavior. If you get into an argument about his behavior, it will suggest to him that there is something to argue about.

If you didn’t make it clear before you married that you expect him to be faithful, then now is the time to do it — calmly and clearly. If he agrees, I suggest marriage counseling to help the two of you renegotiate the terms of your relationship. You deserve a husband who cherishes you and puts you first. Your children deserve to have parents who love each other and who work together to make a healthy family for them.

If he can’t agree, then you have a hard choice to make. Are you willing to accept a part-time husband? Or do you move back where there are people who love you who can help you get back on your feet after you leave him?

For some practical help, I do suggest you call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. Counselors are available 24/7 to talk to you about how to leave and rebuild your life. The counseling is completely confidential and free.

My Husband Is Cheating Again