Home » How Do I Fix My Life?

How Do I Fix My Life?

I’m 17 and I can’t talk to girls, I don’t like talking to people except a select few that are my friends and I guess it’s because of me being fat and disliked by pretty much everyone in my middle school (never bullied, was too strong for that sh*t), my dad is a full time alcoholic that barely works ever, constantly fights with my mom and never stops talking about how my mom ruined his life by trying to run away from his abusive ways to a different country (loves his kids though), my brother, who constantly did drugs and drank with my dad died and only made my dad worse, barely affected me and hit my mom hard (my dad blames my mom for his death as well) and my mom that I feel bad for because she has to work 20 hours a day to support my other brother, me and my dad (out of pity). How do I fix my life? (From Israel)

How Do I Fix My Life?

A.

It seems clear your family isn’t enough of an emotional support system for you.When we are looking to change our lives in profound ways, we need people there to support us. I would recommend getting this type of emotional sustenance from an outside source. The work right now is to find people you can talk to. The easiest way is to find places that have activities you like, and connect with other like minded people. I would also broaden the search for support to other family members, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc., who might be able to hear you out. You may even want to talk with those in your religious community for some guidance.

The work now is for you to build a support network. This is the first step in making change.

How Do I Fix My Life?