Home » I’m Hearing Voices in My Head & Constantly Scared of People Watching Me and Plotting Against Me

I’m Hearing Voices in My Head & Constantly Scared of People Watching Me and Plotting Against Me

I don’t know whether this is a good site to be on or not. For about a year now I have been hearing a man’s voice in my head. It started when I dropped some food on the floor and the voice said pick it up otherwise you will get into trouble at school, so I picked it up and the voice said well done. They have for progressively worse and a few weeks ago told me to cut myself or my dog would die. Stupidly I believed him and I did (I have also been feeling suicidal a bit and already cut) ever since they have started I have also had this constant fear that people are watching me and laughing at me and plotting stuff against me. I’m scared of what my parents and friends will think and don’t know who to talk to, I don’t know what this is and I’m scared. I feel pressured into doing the things he is telling me to do and I fear that they will get worse. Can you help me?

A.

Your symptoms are upsetting you. I’m sorry that this is happening to you.

I know that you’re frightened to tell your parents but you need to tell them. Many teenagers are frightened to tell their parents about their symptoms but in my experience, their fears are unwarranted. Your parents can’t help you if they are unaware of what’s happening to you.

Your symptoms are highly treatable with counseling and/or medication but this requires that you talk to your parents. Despite your fears, it’s imperative that you speak to your parents. You will be glad that you did. Please take care.