Home » Depression » Depressed Friend

Depressed Friend

Here’s the thing. A very good friend of mine (20) has started acting very unusual, she’s skipping classes at college, doesn’t smile anymore and doesn’t have the will to talk to anyone about her problem. Anytime we (my friends and I) ask her about what’s going on, she doesn’t want to share it with us. Once we mentioned a psychologist and her response was something like this: “I don’t think I could ever share my problem with anyone, not even a psychologist…” I’m very scared and don’t know how to help her and most of all, I don’t want to see her wasting her life in sorrow and grief. Please help!

Depressed Friend

A.

Keep trying. Let her know you care about her and that is what friends do. Also offer to her that she might not be able to tell you (or a psychologist) everything, but she might be able to talk about how she has been feeling with you. You might also suggest that while it may be too much to talk about everything she might be able to talk about part of it. This sometimes relieves the pressure and starts the process.

She is lucky to have you as a friend.

Depressed Friend