Home » Disorders » Eating Disorders » Depression, Anxiety & Eating Disorder

Depression, Anxiety & Eating Disorder

Lately I’ve been very depressed. I havent eaten in 2 days because I can’t and I’ve been cutting everyday this past week. I’m having severe panic attacks and I have suicidal thoughts. I hate feeling like this and I cant control my emotions. I want to live life positively and not negitive. Being 16 with social anxiety is ruining my life on top if that because I can’t make friends. My parents are hard to talk to and I really want help. I don’t know what to do or where to go. I feel worthless, hopeless and alone.

Depression, Anxiety & Eating Disorder

A.

I’m very sorry you’re feeling this way. It’s important for you to know that there is help available. You just have to be willing to ask for it.

Your parents might be difficult to talk to but maybe not. Have you tried speaking to them about what’s wrong? If not, give them a chance. Their reaction might surprise you.

If you can’t discuss these issues with your parents face-to-face, then write them a letter. Sometimes people feel more comfortable expressing themselves through writing.

Depression, cutting, suicidal thoughts and anxiety are all very treatable conditions. You can learn to live your life positively but it begins with you being honest about your desire for help.

Ask your parents to assist you in beginning counseling. Counseling could teach you how to regulate your emotions and engage in positive and healthy behaviors. Everyone experiences stress in life but not everyone handles it appropriately. The manner in which you are dealing with your strong emotions is maladaptive and only serves to make you feel worse. Counseling can correct this and teach you new, healthy ways of coping.

I hope that you will take my advice. If you feel that you might harm yourself, don’t hesitate to call for emergency assistance. Please take care.

Depression, Anxiety & Eating Disorder