Home » Ask the Therapist » My Boyfriend Has a Suspicious Nature

My Boyfriend Has a Suspicious Nature

From the U.K.: this is regarding my boyfriend…he doesnt believe me i feel…he always suspect me of being online chatting with somebody else…he will be checking my facebook messages my chat histories…always complaint me of being online late night even though i am not…because of him i deleted my social networking ids…can i go for marriage with such minded person…
if i scold him for that he will beg for sorry and later the same situation is arising.

My Boyfriend Has a Suspicious Nature

A.

Don’t marry this man. However sweet and apologetic he can be, he is also controlling and distrustful of you — the person he says he loves. Marriage has to be based on a deep level of trust. You can’t live your life always on guard against your partner’s suspicions. (I actually don’t think he should spend the rest of his life with someone he doesn’t trust either.) As things are right now, it is unlikely that the two of you will become the kind of functional team that is needed for happily living a life together.

You are only in your 20’s. You have plenty of time to find someone who will give you the trust and peace and comfort you deserve. Please take a big step back and give yourself the chance to find someone who will cherish you and not accuse you.

My Boyfriend Has a Suspicious Nature