Home » Ask the Therapist » Personality » Help for Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Help for Narcissistic Personality Disorder

I am trying to find a very good specialist that deals specifically with Narcissistic Disorder in Atlanta. I have been married for 3 years to a Narcissist. My husband, is typical to the pattern of resistance to help, and I am really having trouble coping. So, if I can even get him to counseling, it has to be someone very clear on dealing with this disorder, and that has the ability to build the trust necessary to keep him coming to therapy. I want very much for our marriage to survive, but I also know without help, it will only end in divorce.
Thanks.

A.

I appreciate your letter and admire the love you have for your husband. But trying to get a narcissist to go to a therapist — It’s like trying to pin down a kangaroo on a trampoline. What would be more to the point is to find a good couple‚Äôs therapist where your husband’s NPD will be immediately noticeable. The therapist can then make a recommendation for him, as well as for you. You will need ongoing individual therapy to support you as sure as you go forward in your marriage — or end it.