Home » Disorders » Sleep » Do I Follow My Dreams or Give Up?

Do I Follow My Dreams or Give Up?

From Pakistan: I am born of a middle class family. I wanted to get admitted in a famous arts college in my city. I spent a whole year preparing for the test. I got to the interview after passing drawing and aptitude test, but couldn’t make it through. Now miraculously the college is starting another programme, the same as the one I wanted to get admitted into. Now the number of seats is 43 rather than 15. But the charges are higher, and I don’t want to be a burden for my father. So what should I do? Should I apply? Or should I accept my defeat and sacrifice my desires for my family?

Do I Follow My Dreams or Give Up?

A.

Problems seldom have only 2 solutions. A third alternative is for you to find a way to make up the difference in charges on your own. Can you work part time while in school? Can you work for a year to save money and then try for admission when you have some money? Is there a way for you to get a scholarship or a grant?

Most schools have someone on staff who understands how a student can get some financial aid. I encourage you to do talk to that person. You can also do some research on the internet about how to get a school loan or grant. You might also talk to a local bank.

Most important: Do include your parents in the conversation. Show them that you are willing to make some sacrifices to follow your dreams. They may have some ideas about how to make those dreams come true.

Do I Follow My Dreams or Give Up?