Home » Ask the Therapist » I Forget Everything for a Few Seconds

I Forget Everything for a Few Seconds

From India: Since last 2 years a problem is going on with me. Sometimes I forget everything and start day dreaming, but it happens only for a few seconds, after that I also feel like I am drunk or I am dreaming in day time. My study is going well, no problem in remembering things, but this is the only problem. And during this problem my body gets a little hot, only for few seconds. Plz plz plz help me…

I Forget Everything for a Few Seconds

A.

Please see a doctor. It’s possible that you are experiencing something called “Absence seizures.” Like any other type of seizure, they are caused by abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Sometimes they are so short that people don’t even notice them. Often people don’t go to a doctor because they don’t feel bad and can continue with normal activity right after the seizure.

Your doctor will probably order a test called an EEG (electroencephalogram), to check the brain for unusual electrical activity. There are medicines that can prevent absence seizures. Sometimes they go away on their own. But if you’ve been having this problem for 2 years, you probably need some kind of medical intervention.

I could be wrong about this, of course. All I have to go on is your letter. But I do think it would be wise to consult with your doctor.

I Forget Everything for a Few Seconds