Home » Could I Have a Disorder?

Could I Have a Disorder?

From the U.S.: It was pointed out to me that I could very well have a disorder. I do have feelings though it’s just hard for me to express them and sometimes well most the time I feel like they aren’t sincere. If I do have feelings it is generally: how will this benefit me? But I also enjoy helping others that’s the only thing I enjoy doing that isn’t for me. I feel little to no love for anybody including my parents I feel obligated to love them because they raised me. Even when I do love somebody I don’t get too attached. If I don’t want to do it I won’t do it and I don’t really care for the consequences. It’s usually all about me. I get attached to weird things that shouldn’t matter and don’t get attached to things that should matter. My background I was raised by a single mother and we never really showed emotions could that be a key factor and I don’t have a disorder …

Could I Have a Disorder?

A.

I’m sure you are as confused as your letter is confusing. For every this, there is a that. You don’t have feelings but you do. You only do things that benefit you but you enjoy helping others. You don’t love anyone but you do. You don’t get attached but you do.
I really think it would be helpful for you to see a therapist to talk this out. I can’t tell if you have a disorder or if you are merely very confused and need someone to help you understand yourself. A few sessions with a good therapist might be very reassuring.

Could I Have a Disorder?