Home » My Mom Wants Me to Go to a Tech H.S.

My Mom Wants Me to Go to a Tech H.S.

From a 14 year old girl in the U.S.: My mom keeps on telling me about this high school, Aviation Technical High School. I know that going to this school means going on a path to become a successful engineer. I told her that I don’t want to go to this school because I do not want to become an engineer. I want to become a airline pilot. Right now, she keeps on repeating and I feel sick about this. Can you please tell me what to do? How to stop my mom from keeping on repeating the same thing?

My Mom Wants Me to Go to a Tech H.S.

A.

Unfortunately, there are no words that will “make” your mom stop making this suggestion. I bet you’re pretty smart. I also bet that your mom sees how smart you are and that she wants you to prepare for a job that will use that intelligence and provide you with a safe and secure future. That’s why she is so interested in engineering for you.

I suggest you talk to the people at the Tech School to see what careers they prepare a person for. Engineers and pilots both have to get a 4 year college degree. Both careers require that you have technical knowledge about flight and flight safety. It may be that the school is exactly the right one to put you on the path to your dream. You don’t need to make a final decision until the end of your junior year when you start applying for colleges. you can stop the argument with your mom for now. In a few years, it will be much clearer to you both just what you are meant to do.

My Mom Wants Me to Go to a Tech H.S.