Home » Disorders » Eating Disorders » Partner Cheating

Partner Cheating

My partner cheated on me last March 2014, when I found out last May 2014 they stopped. But since then, I don’t trust my partner. We’re still living together & we fight a lot. I have a feeling that they still have communication although all the gadgets & emails & passwords are with me now. My partner doesn’t have a phone right now, I am the one who’s holding it. Am I being paranoid? I’m afraid they are using another Facebook acct in different names. For 14 yrs of being loyal I cant accept the fact that my partner cheated on me.

Partner Cheating

A.

It is very difficult to acknowledge such a betrayal. My experience is that it takes a tremendous amount of effort in therapy for couples to recover from this. In most instances the trust is ruptured and can not be adequately repaired. This betrayal does not heal by itself, and the fact that you don’t trust him and are still looking for evidence will make it very difficult to put it behind you.

I would highly recommend couple therapy if he is willing to go. If he’s not, then it’s time for you to move on.

Partner Cheating