Home » Disorders » Depression » I Have Brief Depressive Episodes

I Have Brief Depressive Episodes

From the UK: I’m 16. For the past 2-3 months I’ve been experiencing these episodes of sever depression they generally only last for an hour or two, however the frequency ranges from once or twice a day to once every few days, at first it was only once or twice a month , however, the frequency has been slowly increasing.
When they happen I cry and thoughts of suiside run though my head but I know I wouldn’t do it. If I’m at school or around people when this happens I just stare off into space.

I need to know what this is, I feel as though my future is hopeless and he thought hat this will never end terrifies me.

Please help.

I Have Brief Depressive Episodes

A.

Please make an appointment with your doctor. There are a number of medical reasons why people have these “sadness attacks.” You first want to make sure that there isn’t an underlying medical problem at the root of them. If you are using marijuana or street drugs, they can also be a cause. A third possibility is that you aren’t getting good sleep or enough sleep.

If all three of those reasons are checked out and you still have the problem, please go to a mental health counselor for an evaluation. You may be spacing out or overwhelmingly sad for psychological reasons.

Whether this is medical or psychological, there is help available. You just have to be willing to seek it out. If you have difficulty doing so on your own, I hope you will ask your folks to help you make those appointments and get to the various specialists so you get an answer and treatment.

I Have Brief Depressive Episodes