Home » Disorders » Eating Disorders » Repeating Names in Head, Inner Dialogue

Repeating Names in Head, Inner Dialogue

Ever since my cousin died on my birthday two weeks ago, I been having a lot of mental issues. I am not sure if it is related to my PMDD, Anxiety, or my OCD but I have been repeating a few certain names throughout the day, then random names pop in and out of my head, and then having bizarre thoughts, and having inner dialogue. I have never done this before and it is scaring me that I am going crazy, becoming schizophrenic, bipolar, multiple personalities or gonna start hearing voices. I am freaked out and need help. I have no insurance and no money to see a psychiatrist. Please help me!!!

Repeating Names in Head, Inner Dialogue

A.

I am sorry about the death of your cousin. It can be very difficult to deal with the loss of a loved one. Your cousin’s death is likely contributing to your emerging symptoms. You said that you already have underlying issues of anxiety and this incident might be making it worse. It might be a temporary reaction to a difficult situation.

You don’t have health insurance or the money to consult a mental health professional but many communities offer free mental health services. Call your local community mental health center and ask what services may be available to you. They might be able to provide you with assistance. You can also call your local health department and ask about free or low-cost services. Another possible avenue of treatment might be through your employer. Many employers offer short-term counseling to their employees.

Many people with anxiety disorders have a fear of developing schizophrenia. It’s a common fear, but it is unlikely to happen. Schizophrenia is relatively rare and only occurs in one to two percent of the population.

Untreated anxiety can significantly interfere with your life. It makes day-to-day functioning unpleasant, but it is highly treatable with both medication and therapy. Strongly consider calling your local community mental health center or health department to inquire about what services may be available to you. Please take care.

Repeating Names in Head, Inner Dialogue