Home » PTSD » I Think I Suffer from PTSD

I Think I Suffer from PTSD

From Canada: I’m sick & tired of being sick & tired. I just want to feel normal, yet I feel furthest thing from it. I’m always in so much pain, every muscle in my body feels sore like I’ve been exercising, but of course there’s no motivation for that. I have yet to find a particular diagnosis.. and my patients is diminishing daily. I wake up to numbness in my feet arms and hands. I always have restless legs and can’t get comfortable. Extrem tension in my neck and shoulders, lower back, elbows and knees. I’ve tried so many different medications, but unless it’s narcotics it won’t work. I’ve already struggled with addiction, and it started off to manage my pain, but then I became Unmanageable in my own life, completely depending on something to get me through my day, but getting through the day with no motivation to be productibe at all. Please someone out there this is a desperate loud angry cry for help.

I Think I Suffer from PTSD

A.

What you don’t mention is what you’ve done to get a medical diagnosis. It’s very possible that there is an undiagnosed medical condition at work here. Lyme disease, for example, can cause these symptoms, as do many other conditions. I’m not a medical doctor so I can’t offer a diagnosis. But I can give you support for continuing to search for a medical explanation. If your local doctor hasn’t been helpful, perhaps it’s time for you to explore options at a big teaching hospital.

I hope you give yourself lots of credit for pulling back from dependence on drugs to manage your pain. Narcotics may numb the pain, but they are only covering over whatever is the matter. I agree that it’s more important to solve the problem. In the meantime, I hope you have already discovered the benefits of meditation as an alternative to medications for pain management. I suggest you look into books by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn. His program has benefited thousands of people in pain.

I Think I Suffer from PTSD