Home » Side Effects of Antipsychotic Drugs

Side Effects of Antipsychotic Drugs

From Pakistan: One year ago my sister’s behaviour was shockingly changed. We tried our best to manage but failed. We admitted her in hospital and they diagnosed schizophrenia. After one week we bring her home, she was mostly recovered and better. But one week later her body started vibration and severe pain in legs. we rush in different hospitals but no advantage. 5 days she couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat. The condition was worst.

One hospital diagnosted as side effects of antipsychotic drugs. They started treatment with Injection (Zyclidine 10 mg).

She started recovering. after 3 days, again the condition become same. we got her home, but condition moving to worst. we rush again in hospital, and than same treatment was given.

Currently antipsychotic drugs are discontinued and she is taking
PK-Merz 1+0+1
Kampro 1+0+1

Kindly guide me how can we handle this disease and side effect of antipsychotic drugs.

Side Effects of Antipsychotic Drugs

A.

Thank you very much for asking this medicine related question. The problem is that everybody has a different reaction and it is not possible to figure out what the side effects will be.

Unfortunately, I think the best thing to do is exactly what you are doing. Keep a list of the history of the medicines and physicians, as well as the side effects. I know this is frustrating, but this is very often the case when someone has a reaction.

I would recommend getting a second opinion from another psychiatrist. This can let someone else see the problem from a fresh point of view.

Side Effects of Antipsychotic Drugs