Home » Very Numb Feeling

Very Numb Feeling

I’m not sure how I feel it’s not even sad it’s way passed that now. I’m tired all the time. I am disgusted with myself. I have no sex drive. I can not focus on anything for very long. I’m very easily irritated. I snap really quick and start screaming. Everything people do irritate me lately. I have major anxiety I rarely  feel like leaving the house although I do it anyways but I start sweating and get hot all over. I am not suicidial  although I’d love to do it I just will not. (age 22, from U.S.)

Very Numb Feeling

A.

A: Your question reminds me of the Buddhist quote, “Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.” We all have challenges, we will all experience pain and sadness, and we will all go through difficult times in life. However, if the negative feelings don’t go away, especially if they don’t seem to be linked to a life event, it is time to get help.

If you haven’t already, I suggest that you speak to your doctor and look into therapy, medication, or both. You are describing some of the symptoms linked with psychological disorders, such as anxiety and depression, and these are very treatable. It’s also a good idea to make sure there isn’t an underlying physical cause, such as anemia or a thyroid condition. Writing in was a good first step. Now take the next step and get some professional help.

Very Numb Feeling