Home » OCD » Fear of Interacting

Fear of Interacting

Hello. I used to be known as a spirited and quick witted person, but now I am afraid to go outside or talk to people who I know I will have to see again. I have many physical issues because of my fears. For one,my heart races almost immediately at the sound of an alarm clock,on the subway and many other instances. I’m forgetting everything. I feel like i’m a dead girl in this body and i’m experiencing what it’s like to be a human but I don’t think I appreciate it. I normally forget yesterday and when people talk to me, I just say “yeah, uh huh. Oh cool”. So basically, I need to know how to deal with this. I don’t think i’ll ever feel content again and know I have to deal with life for the sake of others.
Thanks.

Fear of Interacting

A.

You have admitted that you are not the person that you used to be. You are different, again according to what you have written. That alone is reason to seek help. You recognize that you are different and don’t like the changes that are occurring. Again, that is reason alone to seek help. Help, is exactly what it says. It means it is the first step to feeling better. It is the first step in returning to normal, the person you have always known.

You may be experiencing anxiety. Anxiety can be crippling if it is left untreated. It tends to become worse over time without intervention.

I would advise against self-treatment for anxiety. There are specific mental health interventions designed to treat anxiety disorders. Make an appointment with a mental health professional who specializes in anxiety disorders.

It would also be wise to consult a primary care physician to rule out any physical health problems. A primary care physician might prescribe a medication that could decrease your anxiety. He or she might also refer you to an anxiety specialist.

Anxiety is a highly treatable condition, but it requires that you take the proper steps to acquire the necessary mental health intervention. The longer you wait to seek professional help, the worse the condition may become. Don’t take that risk. Please take care.

Fear of Interacting